About Oilybits Ltd
For delivery drivers only, Oilybits Warehouse is found 1 mile south of Guys Marsh Prison (Shaftesbury) on the B3091, Black Venn Farm is situated 200 yards after the "Hartgrove" sign, on the right hand side, the farm buildings can be identified from the road by their distinctive bright green corrugates roofs.
Our Warehouse is not normally manned due to us being an online-only retailer, therefore we cannot welcome walk in visitors.
Registered Trading Address:
Unit 1, Black Venn Farm
Company Reg; 07554137
From May 2014 we no longer have a telephone service, this is due to a massive increase in unsolicited calls, dealing with which became a full-time job in itself. Oilybits.com emerged and thrived during 2006-2010 without a telephone service and we are confident that all genuine enquires can be dealt with by email WE RESPOND TO 100% OF GENUINE EMAILS WITH 24 HOURS, most, within minutes, our email is monitored 7 days a week, 365 days a year, 18 hours a day, from 06:00-00:00 GMT. This method of information provision also ensures that our experts have time to consider your needs properly and recommend the most appropriate products, sending website links by email to avoid any confusion or misinformation.
CONDITIONS OF SALE
Oilybits Ltd, Herinafter referred to as 'Oilybits'
All orders placed are subject to these conditions and the placing of an order is considered to be acceptance of these conditions.
- Prices are subject to change without notice.
- We reserve the right to cancel your order prior to dispatch should technical problems or human error result in incorrect prices being advertised via our website. This is allowed under Trading Standards regulations under human or system error, for our protection.
- Should we cancel your order, any money paid will be returnd in full.
- All prices shown exclude U.K. VAT.
- If you require a VAT receipt for an order placed online, please download one from user admin. Otherwise please email us for one.
- Goods moved outside of the U.K. but remaining within the European Union may be supplied exclusive of VAT, providing that a valid VAT number is provided to us prior to placing of an order, this number must pass as 'valid' on the VIES Online Checking Facility.
- Should the purchasers business de-register for VAT within the VAT quarter, and the VIES system subsequently fail to pass the number at the point of submission (quarterly), then the purchaser will be liable for payment of VAT.
- Goods exported outside of the European Union will be supplied exclusive of VAT.
- Our VAT Number is GB 927007045, EORI Number GB927007045000. For European suppliers, our VAT Number can be verified HERE
- For visitors to the UK from outside of the European Union, we can supply a VAT407 Form, this will enable you to reclaim the VAT once you have left the EU with your goods. You must present the VAT407 form to customs at the airport, with the product you are exporting, they will stamp the form and return it to us, so we can refund the VAT.
3. PAYMENT TERMS
All goods must be paid for in full prior to despatch unless you hold a pre-arranged credit account with us. Payment methods currently accepted include the following;
- Credit / Debit Card – Online payments are automatically processed by our chosen gateway provider upon completion of checkout
- BACS – Account details are provided upon placement of orders which are submitted as "Print Order Form"
- CHAPS – Account details are provided upon placement of orders which are submitted as "Print Order Form"
- SWIFT / IMM (International Money Mover) / Wire / TT (Telegraphic Transfer) – Account details are provided upon placement of orders which are submitted as "Print Order Form".
- Cash Deposit – May be paid at any branch of Lloyds TSB Bank Plc. Account details are provided upon placement of orders which are submitted as "Print Order Form"
- Cheque – Made payable to ‘Oilybits Ltd’, and sent to the address above
- Cash – To be sent at your own risk or with adequate insurance to the address above, or paid into Lloyds Bank, see "Cash Deposit" above.
4. DELIVERY TIME
- Stock - Please assume that All products need to be ordered specially - For this reason, if any part of your order is urgent, we encourage you to contact us to check availability prior to purchasing, we will then check stock, and if necessary contact manufacturers and provide you with an ETA.
- Cancellations - We cannot accept cancellations nor returns of items not wanted. This is because everything is ordered in specially to customer requirements, many items being at great expense and from overseas, and so return is uneconomical. We may be able to accept a cancellation should notice be recieved before we order the parts with our suppliers.
- Handling Time - Upon reciept of payment, and providing our systems have captured your order correctly and at the correct prices, goods will be ordered from our suppliers when we reach supplier MOQ/MOV levels, and then the Goods will normally be despatched within 3-10 working days and by the most economical means available. Items sent by Royal Mail are subject to Royal Mail Terms & Conditions, most importantly, this states that delivery of items sent 1st or 2nd class items can take up to 15 working days. With some very high value items, and/or if the manufacturer is overseas, delivery could take up to 6 or 8 weeks, as most high value items are manufactured to order. Oilybits shall not be liable for consequential loss, in respect of delayed deliveries due to any reason, and howsoever caused.
- Holidays - We are not always able to despatch within our anticipated time frame, this is because we are a small business and our hours of business are somewhat irregular. If we are closed, orders will be dealt with upon our return - but this will normally still fall within our specified Domestic Handling Time.
- Oilybits does not hold stock, this means we cannot hold returned stock either, so we must return it to our respective suppliers. Items returned as 'not required' will only be accepted if in new, UNUSED condition, with original, clean packaging and within manufacturers guarantee, all returns will be returned to their respective suppliers, and will be subject to up to a 25% restocking charge to cover our administration fees, and restocking fees imposed upon us by our own suppliers, as well as shipping costs back to them.
- We will not refund at all for any goods which have been used or soiled in any way, and these will be disposed of.
- All carriage charges must be paid for by the customer but we may reimburse these costs if the goods are faulty and within manufacturers warranty.
- Goods cannot be returned in person.
- Returned items lost / damaged in transit to us must be claimed for by the sender.
- Carriage and packing is charged at the specified rate for delivery to U.K. DESTINATIONS ONLY. Orders may be placed from overseas, but we will contact you afterwards asking for payment of the appropriate rate of freight. If the rate is more than you expected, we will process a full refund.
- Collections from us are not permitted without prior arrangement.
- Shortages and / or transit damage must be signed for as such on the delivery companies paperwork or handheld device, and reported to us within 2 days of delivery.
- We are not able to offer reduced rates for domestic shipping, all orders are subject to the specificed shipping & handling charge irrespective of order value, for orders of very low value, this covers our overheads when the items profit is insufficient to do so.
- Our website cannot generate international freight rates, so please send a list of your requirements to us by email so we can raise a pro-forma invoice or create a surcharge listing if you wish to order via the website.
- Title of the goods shall pass from Oilybits to the purchaser following their reciept of the goods, and subject to full, irreversed payment of all monies and taxes due.
- Cheque payments may be required to clear, the duration required for confirmation of clearance is dependent upon the working hours of our bank, LloydsTSB Bank Plc, but will usually be within 5 working days.
- In the event of a Credit Card charge-back or Cheque refusal for whatever reason, and should payment not be re-submitted within a reasonable period of time, Oilybits reserves the right to re-possess the associated goods, and shall have right of entry to the purchasers premises in order to retrieve the goods.
8. INFORMATION AND SPECIFICATIONS
- Information and specifications, including photographs, drawings and diagrams, published by Oilybits are given in good faith but form no part of the contract.
- Oilybits reserves the right to alter specifications in line with manufacturers amendments and other information received.
- Oilybits, at the request of a customer may, but without being under any obligation to do so, furnish technical advice with reference to the use of the goods or material sold hereunder, but on the express understanding that any such advice or assistance is given and accepted at the customers risk and Oilybits shall not be liable for any loss, damage or claims arising there from.
- Warranty offered is that of the manufacturer, and shall be limited to repair or replacement of the item as advised by the manufacturer, on a return-to-base basis.
- All products alleged as warranty failures should be returned to us for forwarding to the manufacturer, if the goods are within warranty Oilybits may orgnaise this transport.
- Prior to return, customers should contact us by email to discuss the problem and seek advice and returns authorisation.
- No responsibility is accepted by Oilybits for consequential or liquidated damages in the event of product failure.
10. IMPORT DUTIES
- The recipient of any goods exported outside of the EEA (European Economic Area) will be responsible for the paying of any Import Duty, Local Sales Tax, and Customs Handling Charges that are due when the goods enter the country of destination
- The Oilybits logo is a Registered Trademark - number 2549047, and is protected by law, it must not be reproduced without written consent by the owner.
- We do offer Brand Licensee Agreements to third parties who feel that our brand could add value to their products and / or services. If you would like information on this please contact us with your proposal.
Oilybits collects data in order to help provide site users and customers with the best possible service. We do this in several ways.
- Whenever you place an order we collect your name, postal address, email address and telephone number. This information is collected during the "Set Up An Account" stage. Our site does not facilitate progression through checkout without setting up an account, because the information required is the same. We use this information to process your order, and communicate with you in respect of your order. We currently do not send marketing emails or newsletters, because we hate receiving junk ourselves. It is possible to "Subscribe" to a newsletter during account set up, If you decide that you do not wish to receive such information from Oilybits, you can "unsubscribe" at any time in user admin. We may also store and use information for the purposes of website and system administration, and fulfilment of customer service. For example, we keep details of your purchase in order to maintain records relating to product warranties etc. We may analyse information collected for research, and for the development of our website and our services to benefit our website visitors and customers. This may include building records of individual visitors, which are combined together for analysis of trends and patterns in the usage of our website. We collect, store and process information in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998.
- Oilybits employs other companies to perform specific functions on our behalf. Examples include the preparation and transmission of email marketing, the delivery of packages, secure processing of payments etc. These companies have access to information in order to perform their functions for Oilybits, but may not use the information for any other purpose.
- Your information is safe with us. Oilybits does not and will not disclose information to other companies for their commercial use. Ever!
Below - Oilybits delivering a storage tank - wherever you are, whatever the weather!